Monday, February 18, 2013

Most Allergy Friendly Restaurant Chains in America

I recently came across a really cool website called Allergy Eats.  It is essentially an online guide to allergy-friendly restaurants in the United States and more!  When we were living in the United States, I found that most restaurants, particularly non-chain restaurants, were very accommodating.  It seems like the level of awareness about the seriousness of food allergies is quite high in comparison to many other countries where I have visited or lived.   I sure wish that I could find such a website here in France!    Maybe I should consider developing a website database of allergy-friendly restaurants in Paris?

While we have indeed found a few neighborhood restaurants that understand and can accommodate our needs, it is indeed time for us to branch out.  Through my research I have learned that chain restaurants in the States that offer egg-free items, that are also present in Europe may offer the same items, but one should not assume that they are egg-free!  For example, McDonalds' chicken nuggets in the States are egg-free, but not in France!  (Please don't shame or judge me for the occasional McDonalds run for the children - it is a rare occasion).  For those of you in the States or with plans on visiting, here is the website url:  www.allergyeats.com

AllergyEats Website

No comments:

Post a Comment