Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Black Mushroom & Peas Fried Brown Rice

So I am back on my healthy lunch kick, only eating vegetarian for lunch. Here is what I made today with some random items that I found in my fridge. I tried to convince the kids to eat this dish by calling the peas little green balls! It was really easy to make. I used leftover short grain brown rice (cold), frozen peas, and sliced fresh Chinese mushrooms. I began by sauteing garlic in a bit of olive oil then adding the mushroom followed by the green peas and cold day-old brown rice. Finished it off with a sprinkling of salt and a drizzle of sesame oil. Very simple and quick-under 10 minutes.  I think that the key to this dish is using day old rice.  I think it would taste even better with a drizzle of truffle oil!  
Black Mushroom & Peas Fried Brown Rice

No comments:

Post a Comment