Monday, February 3, 2014

Why didn't someone tell me about the joys of banana bread?

Why didn't someone tell me about the joys of banana bread!?  For no particular reason, this past weekend I decided to make an egg-free banana bread to see how it would go over with the kids.  It was a definite winner and was soooo easy to make.  I actually modified a recipe that you can find here.  Instead of using butter (we didn't have any on hand), I used 1/2 cup of olive oil and instead of 3/4 cup of sugar, I used 1 cup of sugar since not all of my bananas were really ripe (it would have been fine with 3/4 cup of sugar).  I also added about 1+ teaspoon of cinnamon.  On a dreary, rainy Sunday afternoon in Paris, our home was smelling tasty as the bread baked and after an hour we were enjoying warm banana bread and tea.  We at nearly the whole loaf…how perfect!

Banana Bread

No comments:

Post a Comment