Sunday, October 6, 2013

Pizza, Pizza, Pizza !!!

With a cloudy, overcast sky this afternoon, I decided enough was enough! And now I feel totally liberated. I will no longer pay 7€ (the equivalent of about $10) for a six inch pizza because now I can make my own. Also, I now have complete assurance that there are no traces of eggs, since they are often used as a pizza topping here in France.   I used a video demonstration on Videojug as inspiration for making homemade pizza dough and it worked like a charm and resulted in awesome thin crust, crispy pizzas.  A total winner from the kids' perspective...they each got individual pepperoni pizzas with monterey jack cheese and for the adults, we had pizzas topped with green pepper, red onion, pepperoni, and fresh mozzarella. I think that using two different types of flour was key to achieving successful dough. I used an all-purpose flour and a fine pastry flour as suggested in the video and also used a commercial pizza sauce (but not too much).   I cooked the pizzas on 490 degrees for maybe 7 minutes.  So simple that I cant believe that I didn't try homemade pizzas sooner.  Give it a try...I bet you will feel just as liberated! Check out the photos below!
Miniature Pepperoni Pizzas for the Kids

Pepperoni, Green Pepper, Red Onion & Mozzarella Pizza for the Adults
 

No comments:

Post a Comment