Sunday, April 7, 2013

Shiitake Mushrooms Rock!

After living in Asia for so many years (I now live in France), I am only now finding the true beauty of shitake mushrooms.  I never realized how much flavor these mushrooms add to a simple veggie stir fry, until a Taiwanese vegetarian friend of mine prepared a meal at our home a few months ago.  Talk about robust!  Now that I'm back on my egg-free, vegetarian-only for breakfast and lunch challenge, I've become creative about my meals.  I found that when I eat a veggie-based meal for lunch with just a modest portion of fish, chicken or turkey for dinner, I have so much more energy.  I will be enjoying this meal at work tomorrow over brown rice!  Anyone want to join me for a veggie for lunch challenge?

Baby Bok Choy and Carrots with Shitake Mushrooms and Garlic

No comments:

Post a Comment