Thursday, April 4, 2013

Korean Bean Sprout Salad

I love Korean food.  In fact, I love it so much that once my husband and I took a trip to South Korea  just to enjoy all of the culinary delights!  I visited my local Asian grocery store yesterday and there were absolutely beautiful soybean sprouts available so I decided to try to make a cold soybean side dish that is frequently served at Korean restaurants.  I believe it is called kongnamul muchin. 

Ingredients
1 bag of soybeans
1 finely diced clove of garlic
1 finely sliced green onion
soy sauce
sesame oil
sugar
salt (if needed)

Directions
First begin by boiling the soybeans in about one cup of water with a bit of salt for about seven minutes.  Drain the soybeans and immediately rinse with ice cold water to cool and drain again.  Use papertowles to further dry the soybeans and then set aside in a large bowl.  Then add the diced garlic and sliced green onion.  Mix in a two-three teaspons of soy sauce, a tablespoon of sesame oil, and close to a teaspoon of sugar.  Add more soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar or salt to taste.  Place in the refrigerator for a few minutes to chill and then enjoy!

Preparation Time
20 minutes

Korean Soybean Salad

No comments:

Post a Comment