Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Managing School Birthday Parties With A Smile!

Birthday parties always present a unique challenge for children with egg allergies (and their parents) for that matter. Nonetheless, I do my best to ensure that my egg allergic "Lady Grace" is able to partake in the joys of birthdays, too. Today, her teacher informed me that between now and the end of February, six of her preschool classmates will have birthday parties at school. So what's a mama to do? Get to baking and freezing egg free cupcakes! Since I don't have time to bake cakes every week, I store "un-iced" cupcakes in the freezer for up to a couple of months and just pull from my "reserve", when needed to defrost and smear on icing.  The recipe is so simple and only requires the "Classic White" Duncan Hines cake mix.  Here's a cup cake decorated just in time to take to school in the morning...
Egg-Free Cupcake with Vanilla Frosting & Red Cookie Icing

No comments:

Post a Comment